When you want to move a URL to another URL that is known as Redirects or Redirection. There are many types of Redirects but the most common is 301 Redirects. This is a type of permanent redirections. These are done when you want to relocate your URL to another Place with a New URL. So without wasting much time let’s start.
Redirection through Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin
- Install WordPress Plugin
- Go to your wordpress Dashboard
- In the Side, menu Hover to SEO and Select Tools
- Open File Editor
- Now you have to put your redirection code in the .htacess File
Code for redirection: Redirect 301 /admin http://searchland.org
In the Above code admin page will be redirected to the home page.
Redirection through .htaccess file in FTP/Cpanel
For this method, you need to have a FTP account for your website. Additionally, you should have dreamweaver or other software where you can open htaccess file for redirects.
Now follow the steps below and do it yourself
- Open File Zila
- Go to Public_html
- Download .htaccess file
- Open the downloaded htaccess file in dreamweaver (drag and drop your file to open easily)
It will look something like this
- Put the redirection code same as used in WordPress in the file and save it.
- Now upload it back from where you have downloaded it.
Redirection through other Plugin
All 404 Redirect to Homepage is a plugin that will help you to redirect all non-existing pages to your home page.
Else you can create a custom page and redirect all pages there.
This is the easiest plugin that you will ever use.
You just need to install the plugin. Open it from settings and able it that’s it.
Or See how it works in the video below.
This is how you can put redirection to your website and rank high on google search engine.